SoCal storm footage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natural Born Stringer

Been seeing some incredible stuff out of SoCal on the news lately... anyone here shoot anything interesting? Alot of that mess is headed my way over the next few days.

RichVid, I know you must have shot some of it... Should I get out the life vests and water wings? My lowly consumer cam and I will be standing by incase a busload of nuns floats by....

RichVid

Ummmm... Yep...might be a good idea with the vests, wings and even the cam...you never know... I shot a few things that made network Sat/Sun in the Long Beach area and then last night the Hollywood Fwy somehow had about 3 feet of water in both directions between Sunset and Santa Monica Blvds(right in the heart of Tinseltown)... I was dropping tape at KTLA on something else so I drove down the street, parked, and then ran out on the 101...I was the only ground cam on scene for over an hour...plenty of helos overhead but had it all to myself...all the staffers were scattered throughout the county on other stuff so it worked out great...the fwy stuff was bought by CNN...Stringers out here are making a TON!

If the storms arrive where you are, shoot!!!

Rich

Natural Born Stringer

Sounds pretty wild out there..

I live near a river that they always have to go fetch someone out of. I'm hoping Saturday is good and rainy - if so I will hang out nearby and wait for the inevitable retard who thinks HIS suv can make it across 4 feet of water. The station shooters are always a good 40 minutes away from this spot so they usually don't arrive until the rescue is over, so I've got a good chance for some sales there. I'll let y'all know if I get anything good :D

We're already getting severe T-storm warnings...just got the 4th one today on my pager. Yikes.... :eek:

WV24fpspro

Just got back from there.

Had a HD unit safely stored away most of the time. I was able to get some footage from sheltered areas where the unit was protected from the elements. I'm aware that that they make "hoods" for these units- but I wasn't willing to take the risk with a brand new unit with less than fifty hours on it.

Was able to get three hours of field edited video taken by a AJ-SDC615.

Also have 8gig of unedited still pics.

Also almost had the opprotunity to use my floatable backpack- no joke. Almost "had to" use it as a lifesaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.