Shotgun mic clip

Need a little help - in the new budget, I was able to get some new shotgun mics. The current camera (DVC PRO) I inherited is.......well, older and has no place to attach a shotgun mic. The nats mic that came on the camera in not on the side like most. It comes in an "L" bracket, which is no longer made. Any creatice ideas on attaching a shotgun mic to a camera?

Let's put it this way - engineer said to zip-tie it to the camera handle. As you can see....not getting any help there.

Or if you now a place that you can find parts to older equipment...
like the Panasonic DVC Pro AJ-D215P?

ken g

I am currently using the same camera. The little submineature mike that came with the camera was removed an a sidemount was put in its place, which holds my shotgun. I beleive the hokder is a Panasonic part, I will try to find out for you.

ken g

I am currently using the same camera. The little submineature mike that came with the camera was removed an a sidemount was put in its place, which holds my shotgun. I beleive the hokder is a Panasonic part, I will try to find out for you.

Imachief

Here's an option, check out:

www.photomartusa.com/exclusives

The right angle mount fits my Panasonic 610 perfectly. I bought these for all the cameras in my shop...we didn't have shotgun mics when I arrived either.

Add a nice little coiled audio cable & you're in business!

The prices on these things are a lot easier to swallow than the Panasonic shotgun mic bracket. Last time I checked it was selling for $285.00 each!!!

If you call 'em & ask real nice, they'll probably send you a demo unit. They did it for me.

If I can be of further assistance...feel free to PM.

Run 'n' Get 'em

We've got a couple of those cameras sitting around as backups with Audio Technica shotguns mounted on them... I'll check out the mount at work tomorrow and post how they're mounted.

Rubgy... @ WSAV?

ken g

Just wanted to ley you know that I had the same problem trying to mount a shotgun to a 215. I did manage to find and buy 2 of the panasonic mounts. You remove the little mike that comes with the camera, this unit plugs in and you use the same screw holes to hold it as held the original mike. It has the flip up top mount to quickly mount or unmount the mike. It has the xl plug on the rear for your mike cable, and has a switch to use phantom power. The xl plug puts the mike to channel 1, front. It is a panasonic part, but I cannot find a part number on the unit for you to check out the availability with. I am only using one of these, so if you get pinched, I would let you have the other. I paid 250$ for the pair, so I guess half that would be what I would need for the other. I am not sure if panasonic still offers items like this for the older 200,210 or 215s. I use these cameras for news every day and love them.