rochester red wings home opener

Latin Lens

Nice job zonatog...really coming along with this natpkg. Great strides made to really start crafting a story and getting good elements. Here's what I liked...nice open...good use of radio sots...plenty of variety...good crisp audio. It was rather short :)56 secs) but had it been longer you probably would have lost steam because of what I didn't like. I didn't like the fact that we are talking about baseball home opener...so you actually needed more baseball and more baseball action/reaction to obviously get to the crux of the story. Some shots were a little too long...so sequencing would help you alot and just get more shots/variety in. You seemed to have moved around the stadium alot...would have liked to see more of that continue...you needed a better close but that'll come in time. Nice effort. I love baseball opening day natpkgs so I was entertained and liked what you did. Keep it up.

satpimp

Play Ball!!

Very nice story. I think, and may be presuming, but it didn't need the baseball home opener sell for several reasons. 1)There was probably a news and/or sports piece in the newscast that did the heavy lifting. 2)As a companion fan/color piece it was brilliant. 3)It took me to a familiar place.. through the sound and comfortable images sweeping by I was able to be transported for about 53 seconds to places a I remember fondly... That's cool!

If it was the only piece on the home opener It stood alone anyway depending on setup. Anchor opening day hooplah with 2 stats, Highlights, Schedule, then crafty intro about hope springs eternal in the stands or some **** like that...roll nat piece. Nice.

As Latin said, I loved the radio nats and variety. I was taken back to the the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Red Barons Home opener at their then new ball park many years ago. That's a long trip in under a minute. I think it could have been left with some room to breathe you'd a had me for another :56 easy :)!

Cheers,

Omar