Reporter arrested!!!

LongTimePhotog

This is via the NY Daily News. The reporter in question has had an on going feud with the NYPD. He's done some stories about police parking their personal cars and not getting tickets and other stories about the cops. Where's Terry Toller?

Curses! Reporter busted

A channel 2 reporter covering a Queens water-main break was arrested Wednesday after cursing at police officers who told him to move, cops said.
"Sir, get out of the street," the officers told Brendan Keefe over a loudspeaker in East Elmhurst, a source said.

"Why don't you get out of your warm, f-----g car instead of saying it over your microphone?" Keefe told the police after walking a block to their marked van, the source said.

The newsman was brought to the 115th Precinct stationhouse, where he was charged with obstructing governmental administration, issued a desk appearance ticket and released, police said.

A spokeswoman for WCBS did not return a call for comment

SurfAwave69

A battle where police will always prevail...Obviously he should have used a more respectful tone, but, can't blame 'em, frustration happens.

Terry E. Toller

Respect is for those who deserve it. It sounds like these cops have the them and us attitude... If you aren't one of us, you are on of of them and all of them are bad...

Police officers have changed over the years. For the past ten years or so the new cops have bad attitudes! this reporter should find more dirt and hire a private investigator to follow him just incase. My rates are reasonable... :}

In '98, I had two cops twist me up because one of them *thought* I flipped her off. Well, I didn't, at least not that night... I filed an internal affairs complaint and one of the officers lost his gun and badge the next rollcall. Fired six months later. The DA who used to be a cop and knows me said he knew that I would not have done what I was charged with and he dismissed the charges against me... Within minutes, I filed a lawsuit against the police department. They now know that it is not illegal for one to express themselves. Even if I had flipped the cop off, it is protected expression. The best part was, I put 6 figures in the bank for false arrest, assualt under the color of authority and false imprisonment.

Last edited:

SeattleShooter

Cops are like wives, just nod and say "yes".

Just joking…you have to work around them. Don’t let them run you over and still try and get your way. I have yet to run into a “bad” cop.

FOCUZ

The guy did a story about police not giving other police tickets. Give me a break. Would one reporter do a bad story on another reporter.

Get a life, of course they nailed him to the wall.

I am sure they are out there, but I agree with Seattle Shooter, I have yet to meet a "bad" cop.

ewink

I am sure they are out there, but I agree with Seattle Shooter, I have yet to meet a "bad" cop.
You have yet to meet a bad cop, or you just always do what the cops say and not consider them bad because it's easier to obey than argue?

Terry E. Toller

In many cases it's not even a matter of arguing, it is a matter of standing up for your rights... if you allow them to have their way, you just gave up your rights and don't deserve any...