Remembering 9/11.....

Latin Lens

Well...Michael what can I tell you that you don't already know? You do a great job of using your nats...good variation throughout....my two issues are: the one interview with the firefighter which had some leaf shadows on his face...I know what you are going for and when it happens to me, I hate it. But unless you totally rearrange the interview then you live with it...I don't know why but the interview with the guy, who became a firefighter after 9/11, had an emotional soundbite but it was on a awfully wide shot...would rather it be tight so I can/could see the emotion in his face. But maybe there was a reason. Anyways the standup was okay...but I instantly thought how cool it might have been if you had done after the reporter walked up some flight of stairs and was maybe out of breath...just to give some perspective about how hard it was physically to do the tribute in that gear...but also get the info on for whom she is walking for. But great job...nice approach. You know you do good work so keep it up.

Last edited:

optic

Hey this was shot great but I have a few comments. One I think this piece would have been benefited from breathing a little more it felt a little rushed at times let the edits sit longer like the shots of faces (emotion especially) it was a sad story let it be emotional. I agree with Oscar on the super wide push in it was thoughtful, just too wide. Also the sway from off shoulder that is something a see all the time from larger markets is it a controlled sway to to limit shakiness? Last is the stand up it could have been better i.e. if you slow down the piece (longer edits) That could have been a great opportunity to pick beck up the pace with quick tight sequences of her putting on the uniform.