pride of all nebraska

javary

being a nebraska boy myself, you really got my attention with the title "pride of all nebraska". i could tell you put a lot of work into it - it seemed like you were everywhere - and i hope they let you use the elevator at memorial stadium...

it seemed a little long, but there were a lot of great shots there. i didn't like the downward angle of one of the interviews, and i didn't really like the two-shot interview either.

how long have you been at KETV?

thanks for the input

I've been shooting here for a little over 4 years. What part of NE are you from?

Yeah I hated that interview with the two shot as well that's definitely something I wish I could go back and change. I was experimenting and trying to make all three of my student interviews look different in the same room.

and yes elevator all the way ...

mike

newsMcgee

Nice job. It was a tad long...but it kept me interested. Really nice hustle...you clearly busted your butt to get those shots, and you had some really nice shots. Well done.

javary

i went to high school in the omaha area and got my first tv job at fox 42. there are times when i wish i'd never left...

Focused

Nice Job

Yea, you worked your arse off on that. Good story. Being a former band geek myself it was nice to see the horns and drums get some attention.

I agree the two shot was not the best, but I understand what you were trying to do with it. Nice sequences and pacing through out. Saw a lot of feet during the indoor practice. Maybe change it up and do the same camera move (backing up while that march at you), but use a face or bell of a trumpet as the center of attention. That might reinforce the personal side of the story. However, that is being really picky. Good work on a four and a half minute piece.

Latin Lens

Dude...really good job on this one...I really liked it. You were EVERYWHERE and you can tell you put a phenomonal effort in shooting it.

I like the downward angle interviews...I feel it worked. My only complaint was maybe too long...and why not have any reax sound? No sound from football players or even the Nebraska coach? Would have loved to hear what they have to say about the band.

thanks

Thanks for the comments ... No doubt I should have gotten a couple of fans or reg folks to add some spice. Coach would have been sweet I'll remember that for next time... I was so caught up in everything else I neglected those things completely. I will also admit I got a little feet happy on the indoor sequence I should have balanced that a little better.

Mike

NEWSSHOOTER3

Killed it

As near to perfection as I've seen in a while! WOW! Yeah, a couple of the directors(?) interviews could have been better, but you KILLED this... from every angle!

Great eye, keep 'em coming!
:eek: