Persistence pays off?

Hey all,

Couple weeks ago I applied for a mid-sized market photog/editor job opening here in Canada--I'm currently a small market shooter/editor/VJ.

Got in touch with the station's news director by email, traded a couple of replies, sent him my tape and resume, then confirmed by email that he'd recieved it. He said he'd look at it within the week, but as of yet hasn't got back to me (been two weeks now). Obviously he has a busy job and probably a stack of tapes to look at--and I have no idea how soon they're looking to fill the job.

Would it be totally ridiculous for me to email him again and ask for any feedback he could give me on my tape/application? (I already asked for this about 2 weeks ago--and he sent a very polite reply). Or should I wait another week or so? Or would this all make me seem too pushy?

I've only ever applied for a couple of jobs, so I'm new to all this and don't know how much time things take--maybe I'm just impatient?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, folks.

oldman

i would send a brief email...as a reply to the one that he sent saying it would be a week....and gently ask if there is any news on the position and if you were still in the running.

don't forget to put a sincerely at the end.....even though it is an email treat it like it was an actual piece of paper....

good luck!

Spot remover

e-mail, but be careful!

There's a fine line between being persistent and being a pain in the a55.

Send your e-mail, make it brief and positive and sign off professionally. DO NOT CALL.

This can get you disqualified at my station. After all, the instructions say "no phone calls" and the person calls- that's not persistence, that's ignoring directions.

If he's interested in you, he'll let you know very soon.