PDW-700/F800 Field Guide

Douglas

I hope nobody is offended if I take a minute to announce that the book I’ve been working on since last fall for the F800/700 has finally started shipping this weekend.

http://www.vortexmedia.com/FIELD_GUIDES.html

“Vortex Media’s PDW-700 and PDW-F800 Field Guide” is 320 pages, spiral bound (so it stays open), full-color, offset printed, and fully indexed. I’d say about 99% of the camera’s functions are covered, including a number of undocumented features and information that can’t be found in any of Sony’s publications.

If I had known before I started how hard it was going to be, I never would have done it. But once I started, I didn't want to quit. In my opinion, the F800 and 700 are the most complicated commercially sold cameras ever built. It’s amazing what they can do, and how well they do it.

Some people have written to ask me if there will be a DVD, and the answer is no. These camera's are too complicated to teach effectively in a DVD. It would either have to be a 10 volume DVD set, or be so superficial to be of no use to an experienced shooter. The book provides an easy-to-use resource any time and any place someone needs information.

JCTV

PRO user
Thanks Doug for making the effort. I for one, really appreciate your ability to get complicated details into simple to understand language. Sony seems to think you either need one sentence or 37 volumes of maintenance information for your camera with nothing in between. You fill that void and do it well.

Your EX1 & 3 books are excellent and look forward to perusing the 700/800.

MtnShooter

If it is anywhere close to being as helpful as your other field guides have been, it should be in the bag with every 700/800 that goes out on rental.