Panasonic AJ-PX380G Dark Video

Chronically Confused

Anyone have any experience with these cameras?
My station just got these new cameras and the default settings appear to be incredibly dark and I can't figure out how to get them brighter.

I work nightside, and from what I have experienced, I have the need to flip the camera to 12db gain in order for it to have a similar look to the our old 370 when I had the iris open on filter 1, 0db.

Does anyone have any idea what could be done?

Run&Gun

Just taking a quick look at the specs in the brochure, it appears it has "NORMAL" and "HIGH SENS" mode for the gain settings. Under NORMAL the sensitivity is rated at f/8 @ 2000lux, which is a stop less than when in HIGH SENS mode, which is f/11 @ 2000 lux. Most broadcast cameras have been/are rated at f/11(some f/10) @ 2000 lux. So, if you're camera is in the NORMAL mode it is 3/4 of a stop LESS sensitive than you or old 370(rated f/10) at the same settings.

Chronically Confused

Yes! That was it, it made the display much more manageable. I have yet to see if it's going to be what I'm used to or not, but it at least helps.
Thanks!

svp

Have any of you used this camera with a 4G Modem to do a LIVE shot yet? If so, what is the delay? I haven't been able to get my hands on one to test out yet.