P2 laptop editor: "Can't find same format"

tarzan

There's a possiblity that I might have to edit with the AJ_HPM100PE P2 laptop recorder/player in about a week and try to edit something with it, at least a simple look-live. So I'm trying to refresh my knowledge on how to do event and insert editing on that machine, and but whenever I'm in the Playlist mode, as soon as I press the "event" or "insert" button, an error message comes up that says “CAN'T FIND SAME FORMAT!” Can’t figure out what it means. The user troubleshooting guide of the manual simply explains that “There are no clips in a matching edit format.” Under "measure" it recommends: “Use clips that match the edit format.” Does anyone here know what that means? Any help would be appreciated.

shootist

PRO user
I'm not familiar with the equipment but it sounds like it is set to look for a certain format that your video isn't. (duh....huh?) I'm guessing it's probably an HD/SD thing. Are you shooting 480i and it's set for 720p? If the equipment is older....are you shooting .mxf files and it's looking for .omf?

first thing I'd do is browse the setup menu and see if anything looks out of place.

digging deeper....there is an online manual if you don't have a hard copy:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/AJHPM100.PDF

Suppose you could search "format" and ignore all the "inFORMATion" topics and start sniffin'.

Good Luck.

tarzan

I'm guessing it's probably an HD/SD thing. Are you shooting 480i and it's set for 720p? If the equipment is older....are you shooting .mxf files and it's looking for .omf?
You were right, it wasn't in 480i like it was supposed to be, and it was in 50 instead of 25. Problem resolved, thanks shootist.