opinion,thoughts,advice,ect.

Latin Lens

Starring Ln Oaks-overall good job...but let me say that you have a good eye for the foreground/background but I think you might have overdone it just a little...just a nice peppering in the piece would be more effective like the saying "less is more"...some nat breaks were a little rough but just fade it better...the two opening shots didn't make sense to me and it was hard to understand the guy talking so then it really didn't make sense to me...you made that open for the 'photog' and not the viewer maybe having used some different shots would have help with the imagery...but like I said I didn't understand it. So you have some skill...can utilize nats effectively...just don't fall into a 'pattern'...mix it up...yes they are nice foreground/background shots but just watch how much you use them...variety from all angles is and can be more helpful and effective.

Latin Lens

Cyber Legacy-again...you have above skill at this point...creative standup...nice editing and use of dissolves and overlays and effects...but in this case you kinda dropped the ball...and I say that because when you do stories like this you need to develop a theme and keep it consistent throughout or else it can and will be quite boring...yes, you had the visual stimulation but very little audio stimulation...and thats where the theme concept would have helped you out a lot. It could have lead to more nat breaks for a consistent flow. As it is...some nats were too abrasive and random to have it make sense...set the theme...control it with flow and consisentency. But not a bad effort here...I can tell you tried to jazz it up but it fell short because of direction...watch some talented stories from guys on these types of stories and you'll notice the differance but also take away some ideas.

Latin Lens

Body Found--probably because of crime scene restrictions it can be tough to find b-roll for this story...but okay, I get it...you can shoot light bars like no one's business...it got boring...all I saw was flashing lights...yeah they're cool...but for a second...too much...in this case move away, down the street and shoot towards the scene...get close...move around wherever possible to get variety...ultra wides of location are just as effective as ultra tight...you seemed pretty set on being in "one" place and it showed because it was boring, boring, boring.

Sasser82

Thanks for looking checkin those out. I agree with the body found it was rather boring...that being said that was as close to the crime scene as we could get I did want much more from that piece but on that day I had to play the hand I was dealt. The Oak Trees I thought was okay the nats maybe a bit out of place (sometimes I go a little overboard) so ill keep that in mind for future stories. Angain thanks for having a look. I appreciate the feedback

mkay

All 3 were nice. Latin Lens gave some useful tips. I want to say your color and composition is very nice

optic

How did you get the shot beside the car while driving? (staring lane oak) It's one I see often and always peaks my curiosity.

mkay

I took a look at your stories on youtube. Dude, if you progress as a storyteller, you have the raw ability to someday win the NPPA POY. Great eye and solid pacing. no joke here.

Sasser82

Thanks

Yes Latin Lens did give some good advice, the nats are sometimes overdone im just a huge fan of sound and noise sometimes I get lost in it. NPPA POY....mmmm dont know perhaps one very long day down the road. The shot along side of the car was shot with a GOPRO cam, that thing has become a wonderfull tool to have. Thanks for the input

n8riggs

Latin Lens did a great job on giving advice. I was a fan of the Staring Lane Oak. As for too much NATS, I saw (heard) them as a character in the story that was definitely necessary to tell the story. I feel you on the Body found story. Hard to get stylistic on spot news when you police won't let you get much. But I would rather see what you shot than the same old Wide, Medium shots that are usually used for spot news. Nice work.

Sasser82

Yea now looking back on it Staring Lane oaks could have been shot a little better, action/reaction wise. Body found was difficult we could move around much, however I think it was more about making something (decent) out of nothing using nothing but a police car and a drivers license photo. I do have one more for yall to look at if you get some time. This ones a bit different, Its about a man named Troy Landry hes on the TV show swamp people, Its more on the feature side but its one that was shot,written,edited, and voiced all by myself. It was quite difficult because its kinda out of my comfort zone at least the voicing and writing portion. Let me know whatcha think, Thanks......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGGphj9Iy4