Only As Old As You Feel

Latin Lens

Michael...I am usually one of your highest praisers because you do some much well when you get a good subject and get the proper characters. Here you had a decent subject and some really great characters. I say "decent" because of the approach and in the end I felt wanting to know some more things...but you'll see what I mean later in this critique. The opening was a little quiet...I know you were using the organ song as a your nats but you needed to supplement it with the nats of getting ready to skate...just would have been my approach...the song wasn't enough to draw me in with two or three nat sounds. I think the whole "why" factor was lost on me. They were such a charming group and in the end its all about holding onto the youth (I guess) but I needed some of that setup in the piece somewhere to get a better understanding of why I am watching this. Your vision is still to be respected because you find above average shots consitently...nice job but some minor tweaks really could have made this sing. Keep at it.