New inventory gear ????

Flaca Productions

Are bi-color LED's NOT worth it, or as always, is usefulness in the eye of the beholder, personal preference ?
Like everything else, it's whatever is right for your/the situation. There's a butt for every seat.

To say that you only use tungsten indoors and daylight outdoors would be inaccurate. To say that bi-color lights are useless - again, is not accurate.

One use of bi-color LEDs is getting in the 4300 realm. Want that light streaking in through the window to be blue...but not THAT blue - go 4300. That's just one example. It all depends on your world....

Cameradude

Like anything else, LED's are a tool. A carpenter does not use a sledge hammer to put up crown molding.

LED's are not better or worse than any other light. They have a place where they are beyond a shadow of a doubt the best choice, and other places where they are a poor choice. In an ideal world you will have tungsten, LED, HMI, and fluorescent lighting available to use.

Batteries For Broadcast (B4B) www.batteries4broadcast.com has 1x1 bi-color LED panels for $975.00

You are better off getting all of your LED's from one source, as all manufacturers seem to vary a bit in color temperature. If you do get different LED's, they make these neat little things called color correction gels that will balance them up....LOL!

Douglas

The problem with this thread is that the question is posed as "what should I buy?". The proper question to ask is "what do I NEED?" If you answer that question then you'll know what you should buy.

Douglas

If I was hoping to get meaningful advice from other people, I would have started off the thread by describing what kind of shoots I do, what gear I already have, my budget, how fast and portable I need to be, the size of my crew (if any) etc.
Just a suggestion.

paulisphotoman

I would have done that too, but I just started this new position 1.5 weeks ago, so just trying to get suggestions from others in the field about all the newest or latest gear.

Hiding Under Here

Just a comment, I would steer clear of the Socoland LED lights. I know people like them but they are cheap and flimsily built. I have two. I barely use them. Both have issues that make them a problem to work with. The price is attractive but the lights themselves, in my estimation, are not worth it.