Need your very much respected opinion.

Wheatstone Bridge

What are the chances of a 65 year old camera person ( already in the biz ) getting a job with the Networks or at another local station ?

cyndygreen1

I'm in the Sacramento market which I think may still be top 20. Not to insult you, but a few of the stations will hire anyone. If you can walk and carry a camera. At least that's my impression of the skill level...and the pay probably goes with the job skills.

At the scene

I'm in the Sacramento market which I think may still be top 20. Not to insult you, but a few of the stations will hire anyone. If you can walk and carry a camera. At least that's my impression of the skill level...and the pay probably goes with the job skills.
Cyndy is right on. The pay will probably be so bad it won't be worth your time.

However with that said there has been a slight change, SLIGHT CHANGE with some stations I have friends at. One station in top 10 were losing photogs rapidly. Like 2 a month, reason the competition was paying 25 thousand more. Station had no choice but to up the pay to stay competitive.

Same with a friend of mine in the top 20. I wonder if stations are starting to realize that the experience photog might be the way to go.

NAH!! It's all about the bottom line.