need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out of a job for two months now, i have been sending resume tapes all over the place from Pittsburgh to Fort Myers, I am getting frustrated, and i need some help. Should i stop sending tapes out or should i keep trying to send tapes out. I miss shooting i really do miss it, but i don't know what to do. I have been shooting for 7-8 years and this is the first time i have been out of job. So what should i do?

they wont hire you if you dont send out the tapes. ive been in the business for 11 yrs and am trying to get out of milwaukee where ive been for almost four years and im not really getting any calls or anything but yet i continue to send out tapes where i want to go even though ive probably sent the same station a bunch of tapes. my main point is the worst thing they are going to say is no but your not going to know unless you send them out. also are you following up and calling them after you send the tape if not try that. not to belittle you if you are doing so. but keep at it and you will get what you want. sorry my post is so long but i hope it gives you some hope.

genius

Talk to the person hiring for the position. Anyone and everyone can send tapes that all look exactly the same. Sell yourself as someone they need to have at their station. Never burn bridges from the stations you have worked for in the past no matter how badly you hated being there. Keep shooting, even if you have to go back to interning. It's not easy having to go back on the street as the tripod tote for the photographer - but it shows the hiring manager your dedication. And you are in the station and the first to know when a position opens.

MAX

Send tapes! I think that most chiefs would agree that, right now, there is a shortage of experienced photogs in the candidate pool.

I know that I would much rather hire experience than not.

Keep at it. You'll hit it right.

mattyboy

you are not going to find a job if you arent sending tapes. just when you think nothing will happen...bam!...you will land that job. just keep your chin up.

jajack71

GO to tvjobs.com website it costs about 30.00 per year. There are always photog openings on that site. Stations posts at least 40 to 50 job openings per day. You may find something there. Good Luck in your search. Remember the darkest part of night is just before the morning sunrise.

Status
Not open for further replies.