Need a Critique

cyndygreen1

I like it too...but is it news or programming? Didn't catch on to the who guy was in many of your shots until some time into the story when you explained who he was. Beautiful night stuff (what camera are you using?). A fun piece to watch, but if I were to criticize it as a news story...I would come down on the side of probably not.

n8riggs

Thanks! Yea not a typical news story. I use a Sony EX3 with a Fujinon 18x5.5 lens. I tried not to gain up at all, but there were a ton of neon lights in the area that help give it that night time glow.

Latin Lens

That was a nice piece...you tried jazzing it up quite a bit...but I think once you go music you need to help keep it consistent throughout so its not so rough which it was at times. You also need a lot more b-roll than you actually used to help supplement a lot of soundbites and reporter track. Nice effects with some of the video too. And for some reason the LAPD guy intro needed to be explained sooner because I was kinda like "who the heck is he?" until it was explanied. Nats were rough at times too...but again if you are consistent with the sounds underneath...alot of transitions won't be so rough on the ears and jarring. But nice job...good effort.