NAB: Best time to go?

2000lux

Usually I'm very busy for the week of NAB. Everyone leaves town to go play with cameras, lights, and other nifty toys; and I end up doing all the work. ;)

However, right now it looks like I might have some free time that week. I'm thinking of going for two or three days.

How many days should I actually stay? Can it all be done in one? I've heard about long lines at some of the booths, so I was thinking at least two.

When is the B-roll.net party?

What other things are there to do other than browse the showroom floor?

Tv Shooter

It'll take a couple days at least. I go for 2.5 days. Monday thru Wednesday noon. There's no official Broll party but there will be a meet up. The Sony meet is Monday at 7, so either later Monday night or most likely Tuesday evening.

My suggestion is fly in Sunday evening, join us for breakfast and then hit the show. See my NAB post for more info.

You could come in later and spend Tues-Wed-Thurs….less crowded that's for sure. Truth is, you shouldn't have that much trouble getting answers to questions any day. If a booth has THAT many people in there, then you can be sure that whatever you want to know will be on the internet later that day anyway.

Most of what you want to see is in Central hall, with RED and Black magic, plus all post production in South Hall. Ignore the long lines on Monday at Sony, Canon, Panny, and concentrate on the smaller stuff (LED lights, grip, act) and then Tuesday swing by the big boys.

Lots to do in Vegas. But from MOnday on I generally just browse the floor, talk with people and try out some things I am interested in buying.

Necktie Boy

Monday is the busy day. Tuesday is very empty compared to Monday.

I come in on Sunday. Grab a bite with a b-roll buddy, and settle in. Do breakfast with the boys. Leave on Thursday morning if I don't have to check out something that I missed.

Make a cheap note of what companies that you must visit. The rest of the time, exploring.