Matte box manufacturers

Ok so I'm thinking I will stop by the main B&H store when I head up to Connecticut in a couple of weeks. I am mostly planning to compare a couple of LED fresnels and the nilla lights, and purchase it while I am there of course. But I figured I would take a look at matte box setups when I am there. Now as some of you know I am not a matte box guy I will use one when the job calls for it but I am not one of those need to have a matte box types.

Which brings me to my question, what should I look for/at. Clip on rods or both.... 3x3/4x4 etc.. what brands are worth having vs not worth the effort.

I had initially been thinking I want one of those jobs that can be clip on or rail mounted so that I could just use it as a clip on most of the time and avoid going to a full rail kit but as I said not really my bag of chips.

cameragod

I have a Vocas... thanks to a second place spot in a b-roll.net ad competition. Its 4X4 and has a speed ring type thing to put it on and off the lens. I love it. Simple, strong, stylish and impresses the hell out of the wanabee film directors.
That said I now wish I'd gone for the rails as I could put it on more cameras.
But highly recommended even if the most use I get out of it is with the flag to shade my lens.

Cameradude

Go with a rail set-up. It is more compatible with the various cameras out there.

I have the O'Conner O-Box with side flags.

Tv Shooter

I have the Movcam MM-1. A 5.65x4 will give you more flexibility with wide angle lenses. I prefer the rails, it allows more stability.

Douglas

. . . and purchase it while I am there of course. But I figured I would take a look at matte box setups when I am there.
New York sales tax will probably cost more than shipping, and then you have to lug what you buy home with you. Find what you want, and then go back to your hotel room and place the order on the B&H website.

BTW, I also have the O'Connor O-Box.