Marshall 7"HD Monitor

Stoney

I picked up a Marshall monitor to use with my HDX900. It is a nice monitor for the price. The one I have is the vr70p hd-sdi. Here is a link: http://www.lcdracks.com/monitors/vr70phdsdi.html

It is a nice unit and relatively cheap compared to the competition. The resolution is nice but this unit is a HD/SDI only input. That limits it if you want to take it out with your SD camera. I am thinking of buying a small converter to take with it.

One thing that I think is lame is the placement of the BNC input close to the battery v-mount. I have a small Sony Li-Ion 40wh battery that just barely fits on the mount with a BNC cable connected. Have a larger battery, forget mounting it with a cable attached... you would have to figure something else out.

Nice unit, expensive but cheap compared to the others out there. Resolution is much better that the 10" model analog version, which is to be expected. Not a perfect solution for field work but pretty good.

I realized after I bought it, that it is the more expensive than a new HD TV for my house... that is painful.

Run&Gun

I realized after I bought it, that it is the more expensive than a new HD TV for my house... that is painful.
I know how you feel, my 8.4" Pannasonic that I bought for use with my VariCam cost me almost as much as my 60" Sony HDTV that I bought almost two and a half years ago(and now the new version of it is 1080p and about $1500 less).

Have you tried using a right angle BNC on your monitor?

Stoney

The right angle adapter is needed but only helps keep the cable out of the way... it still comes in contact with the battery housing. Not good design.