Looking for some help with this one

Sasser82

So I steped out of my comfort zone a few weeks back and decided to test my writing skills. I was told to do a story on a guy named Troy Landry, you may know who he is if youve ever watched Swamp People. Anyway hes become kinda a local celebrety in south Louisiana and I was told by the powers that be to just go interview him, that was about it. To make a long story short I took it upon myself to shoot some extra video just for kicks, as time went on nothing was done with any of it so I decided to take the ball and run with it (so to speak). So I shot,edited,wrote,and voiced the following story. Tell me what you think.

P.S. Their was some additional b-roll mailed to the station from the History Channel so some of those shots I cant claim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tGGphj9Iy4

Latin Lens

That was a nice slice of life kinda piece on this guy. I am going to assume from what I can that the History Channel footage is obvious...it looks like you got all the nice scenery type shots (which are nice by the way)...so its a hard to critique because of its simplicity...You wrote and edited well because I watched and was entertained by it. Very straightforward...no frills...but well put together. If you had more of course this really could have been something but I understand it wasn't supposed to be that kind of piece. Nice job.

NEWSSHOOTER3

Well Done

Not sure what your background is or what you're going for. But, this was a really nice production, in my opinion. I congratulate you for picking up the mic & giving it a shot! This piece was well edited, well shot (understanding that some video was provided) and well produced. For this to be your first voiced piece, I thought you did a great job & I would encourage you to keep at it, man!

satpimp

Very nice job!!

Really liked the story! Well put together. You're delivery was spot on. Felt like there was fun in the execution. Whether that's true or not it's time well spent watching it. Reminded me of some of Rick Seback's early "stuff". Made me smile. Keep voicing!

Regards,

Omar