Less than a week until the Video StoryTelling Workshop

Steve Sweitzer

The best stories are born from simple storytelling techniques. Learn how to refine and adapt your voice in the Video Storytelling Workshop: 2010 Edition from the National Press Photographers Foundation and Poynter's NewsU. For $65 or less, you'll learn how to make your stories more memorable from the comfort of your home or office in this daylong online workshop on Saturday, Sept. 25.

In this full day of training, veteran photojournalists will show you how to find and develop memorable characters; how to make mundane stories -- like meetings and weather stories -- more interesting; and how to anticipate moments in the field, even on tight deadlines.

Presenters include:

Darren Durlach, NPPA's 2009 Ernie Crisp Television News Photographer of the Year, and senior photojournalist at WBFF-TV in Baltimore
Lynn French, assistant chief photographer and veteran multimedia journalist at KPNX-TV in Phoenix
Jason Witmer, winner of numerous NPPA and Texas AP awards for his work as a solo video journalist for Chron.com in Houston
Joe Fryer, winner of four national Edward R. Murrow awards and a regional Emmy for best reporter in 2009, of KARE-TV in Minneapolis
Whether you're working in a team or as a solo journalist, you'll learn fresh approaches to make your packages -- both daily turns and long-form pieces -- more memorable. The Video Storytelling Workshop starts at 10 a.m. Eastern time on Saturday, Sept. 25. The host is Al Tompkins, Senior Faculty/Broadcast and Online at The Poynter Institute and author of the daily online journalism story idea column, Al's Morning Meeting, on Poynter.org.

In this innovative online workshop, not only can you see and hear the presentations, you can join the discussion – asking questions and answering questions posed by the speakers. Can't stay for the day? Your advance registration will give you access to the replays of each presentation when they become available.

The cost for this daylong workshop is just $55 for NPPA members or $30 for student members. Non-NPPA members pay just $65 for a full day of training. Sign up now to get these registration rates. Scholarships are available for members of AAJA, NABJ, NAHJ, NAJA, NLGJA and JAWS.

Sign up now for this innovative online workshop. For more information and to register, go to Video Storytelling Workshop: 2010 Edition. Visit www.newsu.org/courses for more information on all our Webinars and workshops.

KFobe02

Thanks Steve.

Hello Steve,

I am a student at Ball State University, and I believe a student member of the NPPA. Are these workshops posted online by any chance? I was out of town on Saturday.

Thanks,

Kyle

Steve Sweitzer

Workshop

Greetings,
Yes, the sessions will be available through Poynter's NewsU in a couple weeks. If you signed up for the workshop, you would already be registered to watch and re-watch them at your leisure.

Bug me again in three weeks and I'll post the details on how to get access to the,

Regards,
Steve

PS: It was a GREAT SHOW