Large Sensor Cameras

Robin

All power to you sir.. great you can have them all pulling in the folding green.. I liked my PMW500 too.. it was light weight,small but balanced on the shoulder .I had a lovely fujinon 4.5 zoom.. I could have merrily gone with it till the cows came home.. but corp shoots it seems over night became s35.. then the doc,s soon after.. but have to say.. I did find a new sort of excitement in the job as the images were so different for 2/3. . interviews became a reason to rejoice rather than fear and anxiety about backgrounds.. and GV,s(B roll) opened up all sorts of lovely images.. and with a great colour VF too.. I don't think I was jaded but really the whole new way of working,like burning LUT,s.. shooting LOG ..having to read up about Slog curves.. Cine EI mode.. loving it..

Starman

I like my Canon C300. It definitely has a better picture than my HDX900. It's a good camera, the form factor is a bit funky for hand held work, so it's a little slower in that regard, but all of my clients really like it.

Run&Gun

interviews became a reason to rejoice rather than fear and anxiety about backgrounds...
So true. Even the dull and mundane in a 'bad room' can become interesting and 'artistic' with just some well placed light to create some highlights and hits. And it doesn't always have to be that well placed...

Douglas

Switching to daylight balanced LED lights at about the same time I switched to big sensor cameras really made the difference even more significant. How liberating it was to leave small sensors and tungsten lights in the dust at the same time.

Robin

Funny .. yes I also went to Daylight LP with the new camera.. still have the diva with DL tubes..and Arri Locasters (big mistake with Arri priority bats,one died to the day of the warranty and they wont send new cells for Arri to put in.. never again) but even plugging in a light now is a pain after battery powered ! haven't used it for months.. sits in the van..
And I don't have to carry about a massive bag of black out velvet anymore !.. windows have become the friend .. well 90% of the time..

Tv Shooter

So true. Even the dull and mundane in a 'bad room' can become interesting and 'artistic' with just some well placed light to create some highlights and hits. And it doesn't always have to be that well placed...
I assume you're talking about my placement of the lights in the locker room? Cause that was random luck in more than a few ways. :eek:

BluesCam

You guys seem to be hopping with work. May I ask what percentage is broadcast and what is corporate etc.? Thanks.

Run&Gun

I assume you're talking about my placement of the lights in the locker room? Cause that was random luck in more than a few ways. :eek:
It's like they say, "It's better to be lucky than good, any day". ;)

And my percentages are probably 90%-95% network and 5%-10% corporate/other.