Ladies Learn to Shoot Handguns

KFobe02

This was actually a fun little VOSOT I was sent to shoot, and than the morning I was sent to shoot it, the ND and our weekedn producer thought it would be a good PKG for our weekend anchor, so I shot it as a pkg instead.

I did all the shooting, editing, and interviewing myself.

Tell me what you think.

http://vimeo.com/23848808

Latin Lens

I think another good example of what I have stressed to you before about the potential of what a story could be...nice job of "profiling" someone....there just was again a huge lack in storytell that really really could have been explored...very plain straight forward blah piece...to tell a good story you need to start to think differently....value whats behind the obvious...seek it out...tell that story and you'll win everytime. Not enough wides in the piece...too many repeat shots...obvious nat breaks and some nat breaks for nats sake...shoot sequences then edit sequences and incorporate quick soundbites to help...keep plugging away at that. Weird ending...but thats my personal preference with that effect...you're gaining ground...you're establishing a base where you're at...all this should be harsh because you're gonna make mistakes starting out...big and small ones. Just try and understand what we are trying to teach and you'll begin to approach your stories in a whole new way.

Good stuff ... I really enjoyed how this one started, but the energy level and excitement faded for me about half way through. I like how you singled out one person, but I feel like it lost focus, the instructors bite really messed with the flow. It seemed like it was going strong and moving quickly and then it started to drag when he started talking. I'm working on the same kind of thing with my writing.