KRON Vs. Tarantino

Frank McBride

The reviewer had a good point to make, and did a terrible job of making it. Tarantino did a fantastic job of making his point and making her look like a stuffy, prudish old bat.

Kill Bill (especially vol. 1) depicted incredibly violent, bloody fight scenes, over-the-top hardcore language and had scenes of rape and pediphilia. By no means do I consider it or any other Tarantino film appropriate for children.

Having the reviewer in that crazy outift doing a live talkback on the set with Tarantino seemed like such a throwback, almost like a Hollywood depiction of a news program. I don't know that I would call it funny so much as surreal.

FMc

pre-set

Why does a station in SF, CA have a fat, old, white, uptight, puritanistic loudmouth battleax as a movie reviewer? I mean, I just don't get that at all. It's SAN FRANCISCO for fawks' sake!!! That cow needs to work in Iowa or Nebraska or someplace "conservative" where she'd be a better fit. But SF? C'mon. How does she stay employed there?

micaelb

Why does a station in SF, CA have a fat, old, white, uptight, puritanistic loudmouth battleax as a movie reviewer? I mean, I just don't get that at all. It's SAN FRANCISCO for fawks' sake!!! That cow needs to work in Iowa or Nebraska or someplace "conservative" where she'd be a better fit. But SF? C'mon. How does she stay employed there?
Show me the "fat, old, white, uptight, puritanistic loudmouth battleax" on the staff here. I don't mean to sound sensitive but if that's your stereotypical mental image of Iowa then maybe you need your eyes opened.

http://www.whotv.com/Global/category.asp?C=13777

You might be right about Nebraska....

pre-set

Hey pal, I've BEEN to Iowa!!!!!! I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!! :D Two of my buddies married women from Iowa. One from Des Moines, the other from Ottumwa. I'm pretty sure they were the only skinny women in the whole damn state!!! Ever have a healthy, cornfed bridesmaid step on you pinkie-toe while wearing stiletos?!? It sucks!

micaelb

My point, pal, was that the people on air here, my friends, my coworkers, aren't "fat, old, white, uptight, puritanistic loudmouth battleax"s.

And don't try to convince me that DC is full of skinny women. I've been there.

It looked to me like the reviewer fit San Francisco just fine, anything goes there, right?

I'm sorry if you've been to Ottumwa. No one should have to spend much time there.

cameradog

Why does a station in SF, CA have a fat, old, white, uptight, puritanistic loudmouth battleax as a movie reviewer?
I didn't see a puritanistic movie reviewer in that clip. I saw a fat old liberal lesbian. There's a certain fat old liberal lesbian population who believe that people can't tell fantasy from reality and aren't responsible for their own actions, and therefore need to be protected from seeing violence in movies. In fact, this woman reminds me of a fat old liberal lesbian video production instructor I had in college who took an entire class period to warn us of the evils of violence in television and movies.

I thought the movie reviewer fit right in with San Francisco.

pre-set

Well, I guess it's possible for the extreme edges of the politcal spectrum to bend around far enough to form a sphere, then.

She strikes me as Puritanical because of her self-rightous sense of what we should be alllowed to see and not see. Much like The Puritans, who came here in pursuit of religious freedom, only to end up killing or imprisonning anyone who didn't go to their church...

cameradog

She strikes me as Puritanical because of her self-rightous sense of what we should be alllowed to see and not see.
No, no. Both liberals and conservatives want to limit what you can watch. Liberals don't want you to be able to see violence, because you might be inspired to hurt somebody. Conservatives don't want you to be able to watch sex or drugs, because you might be inspired to have fun.

They all suck.

Buck

The question is: now that they have gone VJ, does she have to shoot and edit her own reviews?