Krispy Kreme

Bluedog

Holy **** that's funny! I was just noticing they spelled doughnut differently than Krispy Kreme's way... then BAM! "So good you'll suck dick." How'd that make air? I'd like to see that on YouTube, got some friends here in Winston-Salem (home of KK) who'd like to see that.

Canonman

I smell a photoshop job. Maybe it's me, but I seldom, if ever, see graphics covering a portion of the talent as though it were a foreground object unless it's a lower third.

cm

Bluedog

It very well could be a photoshop of the picture... but I believe the original screen shot is real. Someone took a pic of their TV with the DVR paused on the news. And we have over the shoulder graphics that cover part of the anchor here... and see it many other places, too.

cameradog

I saw the video before it was removed. It was not a photoshop job. The graphics person at that station apparently went looking on the Internet for a graphic to use for their OTS, and this is what they found:

Apparently they used it without actually reading it.

The line is a reference to a Chris Rock routine in which he's talking about how addictive Krispy Kreme donuts are. He suggests that they're like crack and says Krispy Kreme should use that as part of their add campaign: "Krispy Kreme. So good, you'll suck a dick."

The video didn't stay up for very long at all before the embarrassed station management had it pulled.

long521

Not that I've heard. The video was viewed over 100,000 times before it got pulled though, thanks in part to a link from fark.com. That's more viewers than there were watching it on the air in the first place.