Kayak Tour

Lensmith

I thought you did a nice job. The GoPro saved you visually since you didn't have good "voices" from the tour guides to fall back on. A couple of the shots with the GoPro mounted on the oar didn't do much for me. Seemed more like "banging around" and not adding anything visually. But that's just me. The only other thing, and again just me, is you dissolved between so many shots for no real reason. I was taught to use dissolves for a reason. Not just do them because you can.

Doing that many stories in that amount of time...I think you should be proud of the quality you were able to produce under that kind of load. ;)

AKinDC

I agree with John's comments, just wanted to ask one question.
Why was the interview so tightly shot? In general I'm more of a fan of the 60 Minutes interviews than I am of the NPPA interviews, but here I though a wider framing might have been nice to show the surroundings.

Lensmith, I agree with the dissolves thing. After it aired I kicked myself for being lazy with it.

DC, I went with that tight of an interview because of the harsh lighting conditions. We were on a walkway that was getting really bad tree branch shadows and the background was going to be over exposed. By going real tight I was able to minimize the shadows across his body and with the background so out of focus it didnt look nearly as over exposed as it could have.

NEWSSHOOTER3

NaturAl

Solid recreational piece. I enjoyed the use of the Gos. A little more natural sound might have taken this up a notch- Sounded a little dry?