Justin- "The Artist"

Latin Lens

Michael...great work once again. This had all the makings of a great story...good character, good pace, nats, visuals. Very nicely put together. I can however tell you that in my opinion the "reveal" was weak. I guess letting the viewer in on the secret that the artist was a horse was a great approach and I'll say that you did such a good job that anything short of a spectacular reveal would be a let down. I caught on once I saw the barn and heard it mentioned. I guess you needed the horse to be more vocal to get the "niegh" sounds and used them more to get a better reveal...that could have helped better than his mouth opening the paint...but thats just my opinion. This is still an A+ effort...great all around and truly a piece to be proud of. I learned from this story so it has impact and interest. Nice job!!

Latin Lens

Okay...I am posting another response because I had time to formulate some better words for what I was trying to say. This story is stellar the way it is...just to have made it even a little would have been to generate a better reveal. The lead up to it is is phenomal...but the reveal itself just felt common...and that's why I was just a tad let down because I was expecting some greater than saw. That obviously puts pressure on Michael...but its okay...we learn from things even working out at times or feeling we have something exceptional but we can't see the tiny flaw. Michael is a talented shooter...no words need to be said about his skill...but even with all his experience he's still trying to perfect his craft and tell the story regardless. Kudos again...I really really liked this.

I love this story! I'm afraid I'd have fallen into the flash & dash trap... But, this one just breathed throughout. It had great shots/edits, but the story came first! How do you manage time/space whenever you know you'll be doing so much moving around??