Is this OK?

I am a staffer at a mid market station. My ND came to me, asked me to look at some tapes, and giver my thoughts.

The tapes were O.K.(another post, another time...)

On one of the stories I saw a reporter I went to school with and knew from my first market.

My question is this:

Is it O.K. if I were to contact this reporter and ask about the photographer applying. I don't think the reporter is listed as a reference.

I'm inclined to think it's fine because he may be able to help round out the information available.

Thanks.

Schlep

Rocktog

I don't think that I would have a problem with it. I wasn't a Chief at the station...but I was asked to look at tapes quit often and called someone that I knew at the station.

Matt

bluffton

Yea, call her. But be careful about why you are calling, the photog may haven't have told anyone he's looking to leave. Just be vague.

Imachief

Phone away. I always check " around" an applicant's references. It's the folks they don't list that I really want to talk to.

Having said that; previous posts have correctly stated you should not come right out & say so & so's applied for a job here. You don't want to burn their bridges for them.

Good luck!