Ip 54 rating on lights important?

so I am geting quotes on the Nila lights right now and one of the options is IP 54 rated water resistant. To me I am not quite sure it is worth the extra 1300 or so but before I make a final decision I figured I would ask others here if you own Nilas are they the water resistant versions? If not do you wish you had spent the extra 1300. Personally I am located in Texas so water is only an issue a few times a year but when it is it tends to really come all at once.

Tv Shooter

so I am geting quotes on the Nila lights right now and one of the options is IP 54 rated water resistant. To me I am not quite sure it is worth the extra 1300 or so but before I make a final decision I figured I would ask others here if you own Nilas are they the water resistant versions? If not do you wish you had spent the extra 1300. Personally I am located in Texas so water is only an issue a few times a year but when it is it tends to really come all at once.

Every light I own is water resistant with this little accessory:
http://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-Nylon-510-Turkey-Oven/dp/B0007M45XE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413077936&sr=8-2&keywords=reynolds+large+oven+bags

My Zailas are very handy, and I like them a lot, but definitely get the minus green panels.

I also just added a couple of 56k draecast panels that I love If you are looking for a panel light give them a shot. The 2 were enough punch to replace about a single 200w joker and almost the 2nd, on yesterdays live shots and truthfully I had the other walked rather far back just to give about 1/8 stop of umph when the sun was being reflected off the foliage/building.

Starman

Yes, I like the Dracasts as well, good choice Geoff. I have found that two 56k 1x1 Dracast panels, along with my 200w Bron HMI and a good silk are all that I need for live shots for simple single reporter standups. I have one panel with a 30 degree and other with a 60 degree beam spread.

2000lux

I bought the Zabolight Bicolor flood. Its extremely bright. Color quality is good (that was my number one priority). I can't say enough good things about it.

Interesting, what I would really like to do with some of these high CRI lights is mix them together and see how they play in a crowd. like I mentioned I have been able to sub and swap for kino and 200 w HMI without any noticeable difference when watching a monitor. So I suspect one of the fatal led flaws has been fixed but I would love to play with it more under a controlled setting. With the obvious end application being press conferences or multi camera shoots.