I was dumbfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photogguy

I was shooting an event today in the auditorium of a local high school. I white balanced, and got a 2.9K. Then a shooter from one of the competing stations comes in, with his light on, with the dichroic filter over the light. I'm guessing he balanced with the camera light, giving him about a 5.6K or so balance, which means his interviews would look good, but the background would be orange, or else he balanced in the 2.9K light, and his interviews would be blue. It didn't appear to me that he switched his white balance memory back and forth because he had his light on the entire time, even when shooting things too far away for his light to illuminate.

Am I missing something? I can't wait to see their 10pm newscast.

S

<seen it all>

That kind of stuff happens all the time in my market. Not at my station so much, but our "competitors" love to f up their video.

Dedline

how did the newscast go? I suspect everything you said was right. I hate seeing folks use their light when it has no effect.

photogguy

Yep, the video looked just as I thought it would, nice and orange.

I have a new SX camera, and can confidently gain up to 12db without noise in the video, and did that for the shoot, and my video looked good. The interviews I did elsewhere, where the bulk of the story took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.