Hey Chiefs would you hire me? Please read details....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BookerT

I was a Emmy nominated photographer (with a solid tape,6 AP's and 2 NPPA awards) from 1998-2002.I decided to enter the world of promotion/production and did that until September of last year.I'd like to get back in the biz as a shooter again.Would you hire me witj my experience and awards compared to a person that's been shooting news a little more recent than I have? Thanks....

Currentchief

Instantly-

I was a big(ish) market chief(#31) and left the biz in 1998 to join my family's insurance company.

I hated it.

In 2003, I started sending out a 10 y.o. resume tape as my big market tapes were lost in the move from WI to CA. I got 4 job offers in a month- It finally came down to Cincinnati and the station I'm a chief at now.

So, the short answer is yes. And a guy with your experience and talent is sure to find a good podition soon.

P.S. I just hired a guy who left news in 2003 and he's terrific!

booker-t there is going to be a job opening in milwaukee wisconsin. dont know what your looking for but just thought id let you know. im not a chief but there you go.

SmlMktChief

There will be an opening in Odessa in early April.
Small market (158), Great work enviroment, lots of OT. Just in case you are interested, you can e-mail me or reply to this post.

2raw4tv

I speak from experience, be very careful when choosing a station to work for. Make sure they understand what you want - money is very nice, but dependable gear, decent staff and the ability to keep your individual style is important too.
To the Currentchief - what year and which station were you at in the #31 market. I've been around the stations here and was wondering how much different the other markets are. Someone once told me "only the number changes"

Status
Not open for further replies.