Help!

My computer stopped recognizing my JVC 110 and I need to edit a project asap.

I know it is not the camera or firewire cable; it is recognized on my other computer (which does not have enough memory to capture video).

I know it is not a hardware issue because it recognized my GL1 and other camcorder. Unfortunately, the video will only play out of my JVC (trust me).

Please don't tell me I have to re-install windows (that is what I'm considering if I don't come up with something fast).

This is a (simple) side project I agreed to do-- and then all hell broke loose with wildfires. I'm a very tired tog from double shifts and inhaling smoke all week, but not willing to break my commitment.

Any help would be much appreciated!

willis

right-click on "My Computer" and choose manage. Click "Device Manager" on the left, and look for any items with yellow or red symbols over the icon. Also, what NLE are you using/how are you capturing video? If you have access to an external hard drive, you could always capture to that from the computer with no free space... It would help to have any more detail you can provide... Does Windows make the duh-duh sound when you plug you camera in (the hardware recognized sound)? Any more details would be helpful.