Freelance Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP

It seems there are scads (well less and less all the time) of agencies for still shooters, but I'm wondering what is available for television freelance photographers. I've heard of Frontline in England, but they seem to have an established group they work with, not unlike Magnum in the early days. Which is understandable, since they seem to be a new organization. Are there agencies that will find you work or put you in contact with producers. In what parts of the world do they opporate? Do they only work out of the states or the West? I know we as freelancers are our own agents and probably should be, but I was just wondering if such an animal exists.

dhart

Across the pond we call them "crew booking agencies" The one that touts they can provide a U.S. client a crew anywhere in the world is Crews Control You need to send them a demo reel and fill out a questionaire. They also require that you provide them a copy of your liability insurance. I've worked with them for over 10 years and they are good people. There are a few others I work with Crews Control and Assignment Desk that are more limited to U.S. gigs but may have an occassional gig overseas. Of course it's good to listed in Mandy's I pull at least one job a month from just having my own website Semaphore Video, Ltd.

Cheers,

Dennis Hart

Tippster

The Fly on the Wall
We book local crews for clients all over North America, and our headquarters in London takes care of the rest of the world. If you're interested in getting on our list, send a resume tape to:

Pamela Diggins
Reuters Support Services
1333 H ST., NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005

Please specify your day rates for one-man-band and two-man crews, as well as itemizing extras such as tape stock, HMI's, PAL gear, etc.

Now that would be a local hire for a client shooting something in Minny/Twinny. You probably wouldn't be booked to travel anywhere outside of Minn. We could actually use more guys from Minneapolis or Rochester on our lists, in case some foreign dignitary ends up at the Mayo Clinic again. Remember King Hussein? We had crews there every time he went for a check-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.