Flooded Business

Good stuff as always! I can tell you have a knack for deadline-driven stories, opposed to the everyday grind of investigative shooting.

The shooting and editing was solid as always. If anything, one of the shops could've had more character depth... (what it was like before// reveal the place is flooded).. But maybe, I'm getting overly nitpicky... The reporter was cute, but was she fully needed for a standup if she wasn't demonstrating anything?

That said... Do you mind walking me through the skeleton??

A) Time you two left for assignment?
B) How was the teamwork to, from and during the shot?
C) How much time did you have?
D) How were you able to do the script on your own and bypass the producer?
E) What were the speedbumps and how did you guys work through them??

I just want to see how a story like that is done...

Latin Lens

Hey Andrew...thanks for the critique. You're right about the reveal...wasn't a strong one. I was hoping the "sucking" sound was my allusion to something coming but it wasn't very strong. You're right about the standup...it was the last thing we shot and based on some time constraints reeditting we ended up using it. Yes, weak.

A) We got to the businesses around 11:30...maybe we were done by 1pm. We had a hit in our 3:30 newscast.
B) She is not a true GA reporter so I pretty much took the reigns on this one...I told her what I was trying to accomplish and she was totally in agreement.
C) I think I answered this in A but about 90mins to shoot...about an hour to edit.
D) Producer did look it over to make sure it was okay...but who knows how thoroughly he did that. It got approved but we did need to shorten it for time...just for time. We worked it and delivered a 1:18 version for him.
E) Speedbumps were just finding someone with time to talk...everyone was upset and they were working to get out asap. Very stressful for them but thats why I was quick with my time with each so I wasn't a bother. We didn't do much to establish anything...wish we had. I never got a good locator shot...my fault, no excuses for that. Time for a deadline edit story is always rough but I kept my shooting quick, tracks short, and edited fast. It didn't have all the elements I wanted but thats why we must remain flexible in this business to best accept our circumstances but still try and deliver the best story possible. I tried... you saw the result. Thanks again for your time Andrew, always appreciated.