Final Cut question

video sherpa

You guys are smart... See if you solved this one already..

FCP 6, when I put in text on the time line, render... in point, clean, out point jumps and it looks like a flash frame. It is not a flash frame, i trim out, dissolve the font on the out, no matter what, I get a "jump" or "flash of black" at, or right after "out "point. It also does this if I import "live type" also... There is no extreneous video, it just does it.
any "constructive" ideas?

JacobA

Hey sherpa...it's jake c... Slightly confused on what you mean about your in and out points in regards to the jumping. Can you rephrase what's happening? Based on what I thought I was understanding I would say take a look at what type of rendering Final Cut is doing. Go to Sequence > Render ALL > Both. Also look at what's checkmarked in that drop down and play around with the different types of render there.

Final Cut has a few fluke bugs when it gets tired of rendering over and over again. If that doesn't solve your problem, rephrase your wording on this post and hopefully it'll make more sense to me or the other guys on here.

Canonman

You guys are smart... See if you solved this one already..

FCP 6, when I put in text on the time line, render... in point, clean, out point jumps and it looks like a flash frame. It is not a flash frame, i trim out, dissolve the font on the out, no matter what, I get a "jump" or "flash of black" at, or right after "out "point. It also does this if I import "live type" also... There is no extreneous video, it just does it.
any "constructive" ideas?
Off hand, I say zoom your timeline all the way in. Sometimes a small 1 frame piece of junk gets stranded and doesn't get rendered. It will be impossible to see until you zoom all the way. If I'm right, that flash of black maybe the one that comes up with a blue 'unrendered' message which you'll never see at one frame duration.

That's all I can think of based on your original post.

cm

Land Rover

I know its apples and oranges but I've had this same thing happen a few times in Avid. I removed the text and slid my In and OUT points a 10 frames or so and dropped it back in. Not sure why it happened or why it worked when moved but that fixed it.

bluffton

Sherpa,
If none of their suggetions work try this stuff.

If there are no FX on the .ipr then merely get it in the viewer and type SHIFT+N and that will make a still jpg for you to use.

If that is not the case and you have FX on the LT ipr try and render it out as a QT movie and import that way.

If this doesn't work, start over. You may have added a keyframe somewhere, bad render file got lost, or cache needs cleared.

Good luck. Remember, it only does what you make it do. you could have easily mistyped something or whatever.

video sherpa

Thanks everyone!!! Jake! How are you?
This is what is was...
at some point in the "systems settiengs">"playback control" the "4:2:2" pull down menu was changed (by me or FCP devil). Anyway, That prevented lack of access to the "RT" settings on the "Time Line". That let me switch to "unlimited and safe RT", which was not a option earlier.
And it only took 10 hours to figure it out!
At the moment both SD and HD timelines and all are working!!!
...like I say "problems leaving here, fine"...

Thanks again for the help, and no one calling me a idiot "on the board" anyway... Cause Jake knows I am...