FCP question

TexasDave

I'm editing a project in FCP. Last week, I accidently erased some of my footage. No biggie - I used some software to recover the majority of the media files. I also had a backup on our network, saved as a mpeg 4.

So one section I am working on, I wasn't able to recover a lot of the files. So to save time, I used the backup copy and inserted it into the timeline. All worked fine. Kept on editing with no problems.

It's when I applied the color correction filter to tweak the color that the problems began. Now, whenever I am working on that section, the system freezes and I get the pinwheel. It only lasts 5-10 seconds, but no matter what function I do, it will pause and pinwheel.

It does it when I play, stop, move the cursor along the timeline, or try to edit video into the timeline. It's more of a pain and a nuisance. And when I watch my newly edited-in video, the video looks distorted and funky. When I pause it, the video looks fine.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Or do you have any ideas on how to solve this?

bluffton

Okay,

What are you timeline settings? Are they the same as the mpeg4. If you are editing mpeg4 in a DV/NTSC timeline, it will look odd.

On the other hand, you may only need to render (I know that is too simple).

Personally, I would re capture the video and move on. Just highlight the clip you want in your browser, right click, find capture setting and have at it. You can do multiple clips by highlighting all of the clips you need to recapture and right clicking and capturing.

Wait... what version of FCP are you using?