FCP: DVD studio Pro help...

TexasDave

Trying to burn to DVD in DVD Studio Pro, but keep getting error message of "Video Bitrate Too High". Before I hit the web searching for answers, I thought I'd see if any of ya'll might know what to do.

I edited a video in FCP and exported it as a Quicktime movie, and moved it in as an asset in DVD Studio Pro. I made a menu (basically a chapter index in which one of those chapters has a chapter index) and the whole video is less than an hour.

Everytime I try to Build/Format, I keep getting the bitrate too high message. I have tried to lower by bitrate a few times, with no success. I have a new system, so eveything is current and updated.

In the encoder settings menu, the last time I tried I set the bitrate for 3 and max bitrate at 5, still no luck. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this? How to you burn with this problem? Or do I need to use that Compressor program first?

Thanks in advance.

Douglas

I'm not a DVD Studio expert, but I've authored a lot of DVDs with it. I'd never go straight from FCP to DVD. You've got to (or should) run it through Compressor. I usually start with one of the "Best Quality" presets and go from there. Usually 7 is a good safe bit rate that most DVD players can handle. Other settings vary, depending on what it is.

Hope that helps.

Doug

McFly

I second the use of Compressor. I used to export as a QT movie and then import it into DVDSP. Now I just use compressor... and go mow the yard and paint the house while it 'compresses.'

Another great site to ask questions about this: www.dvinfo.net.

Register on their forums and ask. You'll get 10 responses in a few hours. Great site!

Not as great as this one, though.

bluffton

What they said about compressor. If you still have questions, go to www.kenstone.net They use this stuff non stop. There's also lafcpug dot org or net I just don't recall. Those guys are insanely helpful.