FCP and Leopard

bassetf5

what's the oldest version of Final Cut that'll work properly with Leopard?

reason I ask... was sailing along just fine on a Powermac G5 with 10.3.9. upgraded to 10.5, Photoshop Elements won't open and FCP works but Compressor doesn't. thought about partitioning to a 10.3.9 and a 10.5 boot but I don't have my FCP original disks... so if I'm gonna have to buy a new one, maybe it doesn't have to be the newest $600 version.

Canonman

what's the oldest version of Final Cut that'll work properly with Leopard?

reason I ask... was sailing along just fine on a Powermac G5 with 10.3.9. upgraded to 10.5, Photoshop Elements won't open and FCP works but Compressor doesn't. thought about partitioning to a 10.3.9 and a 10.5 boot but I don't have my FCP original disks... so if I'm gonna have to buy a new one, maybe it doesn't have to be the newest $600 version.
You didn't say what version of FCP but I am on 5.1.4 and Leopard with a G5. All the pro-apps are doing okay. IMO, FCS2 is well worth the $600 upgrade, I'm just waiting until I go to an Intel based Mac to do the switch.

cm

bassetf5

It's older than that...

I'm running 4.5 HD on a Powermac G5 with 2.5 gig of RAM... maybe there's a way just to upgrade Compressor?

Canonman

I'm running 4.5 HD on a Powermac G5 with 2.5 gig of RAM... maybe there's a way just to upgrade Compressor?
Nope, because like most of the pro-apps, Compressor relies on the underlying QT engine. BTW, I did a clean install of Leopard on a fresh drive so I had my old one to fall back on if need be.

cm