Edius questions

We currently edit on Edius 4.0 in the field and there's a general consensus among photogs that it's just terrible. It's very unintuitive. When you load a clip the first time the timecode will be wrong. You have to go back, double click on the clip a second time for it to show the correct code. Video and audio tracks aren't locked together which can really screw you up if you're zoomed in to the timeline and don't see that one little move shifted everything else in the wrong direction. And so on.
My question is this: is Edius 6 any better? Have they fixed any of these issues? Is it better suited for deadline editing in the field?

dcrowe

My former station used Edius 5 and I never had any of the issues you listed in three years of using Edius. I'm editing on Avid right now and I'd go back to Edius in a heartbeat.

focusthis

Beginner user here...

I've been on v5 for a few months without those problems. I've worked on more intuitive (and far cheaper) software. The things I can't stand are more user preference-related: tiny thumbnails, clips open with In/Out points already set, Video and Audio tab layout resets with every new timeline WITHIN an existing project,.... aw hell the list goes on.....

Check ALL of your project defaults and preferences.

Good luck until next budget!!

My former station used Edius 5 and I never had any of the issues you listed in three years of using Edius. I'm editing on Avid right now and I'd go back to Edius in a heartbeat.
That's very interesting to hear. We use Avid in house, and I have for 10 years, and I love it. Porbably because I know it so well. But it's good to hear that people aren't having the same issues with updated versions.
Thanks guys.