Does this make any sense ?

Wheatstone Bridge

The 5 Pm package and " live shot " is over , then the reporter says " okay now I've got to write the 6 Pm package ". . . . which has to be edited also.

The reporter says " but I'm just going to change just the first 2 lines or the first paragraph and rejoin it to the rest of the 5 PM pkg.

Now:

(1) there is no new information since the 5 PM pkg. was aired

(2) No new soundbites

(3) no new scene video

(4) no new anything

does it make any sense to to rewrite a new pkg for the 6 PM . . . . what am I missing here ?

At the scene

The 5 Pm package and " live shot " is over , then the reporter says " okay now I've got to write the 6 Pm package ". . . . which has to be edited also.

The reporter says " but I'm just going to change just the first 2 lines or the first paragraph and rejoin it to the rest of the 5 PM pkg.

Now:

(1) there is no new information since the 5 PM pkg. was aired

(2) No new soundbites

(3) no new scene video

(4) no new anything

does it make any sense to to rewrite a new pkg for the 6 PM . . . . what am I missing here ?
No it doesn't make sense but to managers it looks like the reporter is lazy and wants to rerun the 5pm pkg. They don't care about conditions, time restraints, stress level!! Need something fresh for each show, even if there is nothing fresh. Same in every market. Smoke and mirrors!!