DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

svp

The Mavic 2 Pro has a 1" censor and shoots beautiful images while the Zoom still has the 1/2.3" censor. If I have to choose though, I'm going with the zoom. Perfect timing on the release, I'm heading in to take my Part 107 knowledge test in one hour.

Run&Gun

Ordered the Pro on launch day and it's supposed to arrive Wednesday. I'm even more impressed with what I've seen being posted in the last day or two. The 2 appears to be an absolutely rock-solid aerial platform. I was flying my MPP yesterday, with absolutely no wind, and it drifts a lot, especially at low altitudes.

The image quality from the Pro is definitely head and shoulder above the MP/MPP. I would have loved for them to have just built one version and put a zoom on the new camera, but the larger sensor, better image quality and, what hardly anyone is talking about, but is absolutely huge, adjustable aperture(!), makes the Pro the one to get.

Betcha a Coke that the next version will have the big sensor, adjustable aperture AND zoom lens. Of course, there are some people thinking that that may be what the next Phantom will have.

svp

I passed my exam so now I'm legal to fly. The station I work at has an old 3D Solo. If I use it enough I think I can convince them to buy a Mavic 2 Zoom. For news, the zoom is more important than the increase in image quality. However, for my production work, I'm buying a Mavic 2 Pro. Like Run&Gun said, the image quality on this thing is outstanding. Looking forward to getting mine in the air soon.