Computer training

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

<Hard drive>

I am totally computer illiterate ( I know completely nothing about computers ) but I would like to learn in order to keep up with the rapidly moving field of technology. Are they any correspondence schools that teaches how to understand ,use, and repair computers .... either by mail or on line ?

H

<Hard drive>

Well I have finally asked a question that have "STUMPED" the best of them..... no one can tell me where to find a computer instruction school !!!!!!!

G

<Grip>

I would try using a computer to find one.

OK, that was to easy. Call Intel, Mac,Microsoft, etc. and look into sponsership/grant. Same thing, call your state gov, a lot of states and companys will pay for your IT education if you agree to work for them, or within the state, etc.

A

<Anton>

There are plenty of infomercials on that include computer courses...just stay up all night flicking the channels to find those....but your best bet would be to go to your local tech or community college. They generally offer classes for the non-traditional student that's relativly cheap and at different times to meet most peoples schedules.

kfatica

Don't act so hard-up, Hard Drive! Us B-Rollers eventually get around to it after we're done kicking our two-pack a day habit from work...

I don't think you have to resort to schools or online rip-offs to become enlightened. You may be just as well served from reading good literature.

Peachpit Press offers a great lineup of self-help books on all kinds of topics relating to the DIgital Age. Also, Charles River Media may have some helpful resources.

If you don't have a computer and are looking to buy, try going to your local computer store and ask a lot of questions. The company may even offer in-store classes. You may also wish to check area libraries to see if they have computers for public use. They generally cost nothing to use and you can always ask for help. They, too, may offer some sort of training.

Finally, school districts often have continuing adult education opportunities for minimal costs. That could be a great way to get yourself up to speed.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.