Compressor freezing at 59% using DVD settings (FCP)

TexasDave

Compressor is making no progress once it hits 59% complete using the DVD settings. I've trashed the preferences, and still no luck.

I exported my video as a QuickTime movie (as opposed to sending it directly to Compressor in Final Cut). I use that video in Compressor, and it keeps freezing on me. Once it hits 59% complete, no more progress. Even the little timer within the Batch Monitor that displays the time remaining keeps going up.

I'm using the standard DVD settings. Once it hits 59%, I can't even cancel it. I have to restart my computer, open up Compressor and Batch Monitor and cancel it again to have it take effect.

Odd part is I've successfully used another video in Compressor using the web settings. So I'm not too sure what to do next. I know I can do directly to DVD Studio and skip using Compressor, but I'd prefer not to.

nautilusvideo

Make sure that your exporting your file to a different drive than your source drive. Writing back to the same drive will often cause Compressor to lock up.

lbvp

it's possible that you've got a bad data hit in the project and it locks up whenever it hits the spot.

I've had a couple of times where it didnt like a particular transition