Cold Case Folo Up

Latin Lens

Yeah...I remember this story...another good job with it here again. Those 9-1-1 gfxs kill me every time...I hope you are trying to find a better way to utilitze that idea but present it much more tastefully. Lighting on the cop looked nice just like the other interviews...but my thing was I think the laptop foreground placement made it cheesy. I totally understand what you where going for...but its just hard to make out...and I think it takes away from the seriousness of the issue just a little in my taste. Couple repeat shots from the file video...but I am not going to bust your balls over that...just make sure you shoot and overshoot when you get the oppurtunity to try and avoid that...thats what I do...my reporter hates it but then loves it when I have plenty when we do follow-ups...overall good story. Nice work.

Thanks man. Yeah, I was having a hard getting the laptop in exactly the right place for what I wanted to do. I had shot a few other interviews in that studio with the red wall and had gotten sick of throwing a different shadow up on it. I've really enjoyed working on this particular case, thanks for the feedback.

Latin Lens

Totally Understand

Thanks man. Yeah, I was having a hard getting the laptop in exactly the right place for what I wanted to do. I had shot a few other interviews in that studio with the red wall and had gotten sick of throwing a different shadow up on it. I've really enjoyed working on this particular case, thanks for the feedback.
Yeah...gotcha. The hardest part sometimes is realizing what doesn't or isn't working...sometimes we (photogs) force the issue because we want it so bad. There's no shame is being flexible and realizing that its not working but finding a solution quickly to make it look good. I suggest you create a gray box rectangle box...and put the words from the 9-1-1 call in it...so it helps to keep it tasteful and easier to read and it stands out better over video like you did...store some images of a phone or a tape reel so you can use that as a backgound to really help you out.