CNN's Dan Young

Tv Shooter

I am sad to say CNN's Chief,Dan Young passed away last night due to complications from chemotherapy.Dan was being treated for leukemia,something he was recently diagnosed with.
I met Dan once,and we talked a few times via phone....he was a very nice guy,and will be missed.

Flaca Productions

truly one of the best people. ever.

I had the great opportunity to work with him at cnn for 5 years and we have stayed in touch over the 6 years since i left. he's the one that i credit with getting me my job there and consequently, getting me to be successful in the freelance world. suffice to say that i owe him a lot.

he was always happy to answer a tech question or just chat - like we did this past year sitting on the sidewalk outside the hall at NAB - family, atlanta, cnn, p2 vs. XD, golf, diving....

he possessed a wealth of knowledge and a great, wicked sense of humor. i really miss him already.

S

shade

will be missed

I too worked @ cnn with Dan as my chief.....he will be sorely missed, great heart, great judgement, dedicated and a tremendously gifted photojournalist....we've lost a big one in Dan.

skeyworth

I heard about Dan earlier this a.m. I have worked with him for over 8 years while I have been at A/B.

He was a professional. I think that says most of it. The rest is that I was lucky enough to be considered a friend and I thought of him as the same.

He will be missed