Cleaning up after the flood

Latin Lens

Okay. Not the worst but definitely not the best either. It started off really well...good nats and intro but then, and I'm not sure why, but the nats got edited rough...there was quiet during the the river part and you should hear running water if you see it. So pay attention to the audio and the fading in and out...it helps a lot especially with loud noises...tease the ears as you fade in before your eyes see it and it'll have a more tremendous effect. Some video looked a little blown out...but not sure if that's the video player or your shooting...so just be careful if its you and your exposure...simple fix. I think that standup was rather subpar. Find ways to get the camera off your tripod so it forces you and the reporter to be more active and thus creating a better standup of show-n-tell. Also if you're jumping locations a lot...be sure to get landmarks or street signs or identifying things to help with the storytelling part both visually and writing-wise. Its the little things that will make a big differance sometimes but you gotta shoot them and use them in order to see that when you are in the edit bay.

RyanD

Thanks man. What shots were blown? I know some were kinda hot, but I wasn't sure which ones were blown out. I will say I've yet to perfect the shots that are right next to doors...especially garage doors where the outside is hot and the inside is cold.

Latin Lens

It looked like most of the first guy's garage...looked a little over-exposed or washed out. But like I said its hard sometimes to tell if its the video or the player. But it could also be because of environment and the colors in the shop.