cameras make everything all good

Chicago Dog

Can I ask why this video is so important that you felt the need to post it on a professional forum? Obviously you felt it was more than a home video because you bookended it with graphics, but it's bad shooting from the very first frame.

Go ahead and call it a personal attack if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that your video is pretty poorly shot.

grinner

No, I shot it on an FX-1.
CD, your unhappiness is painfully obvious. The next time I throw a rod and am stranded at the side of the road, I'll be sure to break out the steadicam to impress a stalker on the internet who hopes to get into television one day. lol
Of ourse it was shot bad, man! I'm sorry if it confused you but you can always read the subject of this thread again. I was mearly making the best of an otherwise bad situation. Kind of the secret to happiness, if that helps you.

I always have the camera on me. I've found many situations in life where it helped to turn a bummer into comedy. I'm thankful for that.

Chicago Dog

CD, your unhappiness is painfully obvious. The next time I throw a rod and am stranded at the side of the road, I'll be sure to break out the steadicam to impress a stalker on the internet who hopes to get into television one day. lol
Well, that was a completely predictable response: laden with thinly-veiled personal attacks for no other reason than to dodge the initial question. No wonder you're the only member on the forum with a negative reputation score.

Of ourse it was shot bad, man! I'm sorry if it confused you but you can always read the subject of this thread again. I was mearly making the best of an otherwise bad situation. Kind of the secret to happiness, if that helps you.
Oh, I read the subject line. The camera definitely didn't make anything about that video clip "all good." It wasn't even remotely close.

You didn't answer my question. Why would you put something like this up on a professional video forum and start crying when you're ripped for having such poor shooting ability? Seriously -- I'm not asking because I'm trying to attack you. I honestly want to know why you post stuff like this in a forum focused on professional videography?

I always have the camera on me. I've found many situations in life where it helped to turn a bummer into comedy. I'm thankful for that.
Uh, sure. That's assuming this video is a "comedy," which this isn't. It's actually pretty boring.

(Here's the part where you respond with another salvo of ridiculousness.)

grinner

I didn't put it in the professional forum. I put it in general discussion.
Comedy is subjective and a sense of humor is often required. Happiness is a key to that. Thanks for playing. You never disappoint.
:rolleyes:

Chicago Dog

Truth be told, if I was a client looking for a shooter and I saw the bit of tripe you posted in starting this thread, I would gladly pay someone else $1,200 to shoot my video instead of your asking price of $850. I don't really understand how you haven't figured that out. Given the other antics I've seen from you on this forum, I can't say I'm surprised.

Anyway, since you're interested in splitting hairs, the "General Forum" is listed as "The forum for all ideas dealing with Television News Photography." Regardless what you may think, this is still a professional forum.

So, I'll ask again: why would you put something like this up on a professional video forum and start crying when you're ripped for having such poor shooting ability?

The only entertaining part about this video is that you actually think some aspect of it is "good."