Buffalo Battle PKG

Latin Lens

Hmmmmm...another excellent attempt. A few strides in the right direction but again I am just not seeing the storytelling aspect I know you are capable of. Whats going on? Because let me tell you....this is a story built for a natpkg...this is a story that has interesting characters...this is a story that had nats and probably a decent storyline to get from a begining to an end. But instead there's reporter track from a reporter who was not on scene...therefore there is no connection and it sounded too newsy instead of a fun story. I really like the setup but then it goes downhill for various reasons...I can tell you're blending/fading your nats (which is good) but I can hear that they are very scattered (from different times during the shoot) being forced together and it doesn't fit audio wise and video wise, which is why in order to more fluid in both you need to get chuncks of time with good sequences and character and nats...if not or you can't...move to another location and try again. You can use generic b-roll to pepper somewhere but you need a better flow by thinking of chunks of time to edit with...make a mental note...there's a 5 sec chunck or a 10 sec chunk to use. Once you start putting chunks together you can build a better structure and flow. When you have lots of action try and stay with the action when editing too...don't show a bunch of runners coming at you backed up with a shot of walkers walking away from you...it doesn't make sense. If you had the proper cutaways from every angle you needed and scene...you'd be able to piece together a better sequence. For some reason the nats got a little hot around 1:20...be mindful of that stuff. You needed more instant reaxs to make this a better piece...instand reax from people just completing an action or about to do something tough to get those quick little golden nugget sots you need to pepper that help with understand the scene. Learn what you can from all this and apply next time.