AVID Certified User

Schett

I passed the AVID Media Composer Certified User exam. I've edited on Newscutter since 1994, but my education has always been self taught. When I was layed off in June, I decided to take the AVID certified user on line class offered on AVID's web site. I thought I would sail right through the class since I had 13 years of AVID experience. I found I learned a lot about Media Composer. I would defiantly recommend the class to people wanting to improve their AVID skills.

Necktie Boy

Congrats.....I took that class when Avid still taught them....I took it way back when AVR 27 was the best....hehehe.....Good luck with the job hunt....

jajack71

Avid Virgin

I have edited non linear system with Virbrant and Canopus Edius as of late. I just got a new job and AVID News edit is the editing system. Outside of working with the system on my own is there any quick learn sheets ? I have to pick this up fast because this will be my second week starting on this coming Monday and I want to start picking up on this system.

Thanks

Necktie Boy

Your best bet is to go to the Avid site and look at tutorials on-line. I'm not familiar
with Virbrant nor Edius, so I cannot tell you what is different. Avid is a different beast.