apple one-on-one

TexasDave

For those who edit FCP, take a look into Apple's one-on-one program. My company recently paid for me to take this. Here's how it works:

It's $99 for a year, and you get 52 1-hour sessions at an apple store (1 hour per week) with an expert in a specific field. Of course, I'm using the FCP sessions, and you need to check your store to see if there is an expert in that area.

I know how to edit. We all know how to edit. But when I was in news, I always had the luxury of have a graphics department, and sometimes a really good graphics department. Now that I'm not in news, I wanted to strengthen my motion graphics skills. The apple program has helped.

If you're an expert in FCP, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're a good editor and want to learn more about the capabilites of FCP, then give it a shot. For example, I have spent the last few weeks having them show me Motion. I've played with it before, but now I get to see how everything works.

It's only $99 for a year... if you go on a weekly basis, it's like 2 bucks a week. Hard to beat personal training for that price. Through the last few months, I know who I like working with and who I don't, so it's good to know who to schedule your sessions with. Plus I go on company time, so I am getting paid to go! And if I am working on something specific, I can save it to a flash drive, show them what I'm trying to do, and they'll give me pointers on how to accomplish my vision.

Not sure if many of you know this exisited, so I thought I'd let you know about it. Just another outlet to learn and educate yourself!

2 Hungry Dogs

I am getting ready to switch from Avid to Final Cut. I have never worked on any Macs before. I signed up for the one-on-one so to help me learn the Mac systems. Only had a couple of sessions so far, but it certainly is helping.